Tuesday 8 July 2014

Lima

Español abajo - English Top

I am very sorry for the delay publishing the next post, but I didn't have much spare time to do it. But here we are! better late than never! LOL.
 
The first stop of this trip is Lima, the capital of Peru, in the metropolitan area there are 9 million people living and it was funded by the Spanish conquer Francisco Pizarro in 1535, back then it was called (Ciudad de Reyes) City of Kings, but the natives known this area as Limaq.
 
When I arrived, my friend in Lima Carlos Andrés was waiting for me at the airport so he gave me a lift to the hostel I was staying, it was great seeing Carlos after so many years!.. by the way, Carlos is moving to Manchester soon, so I hope he enjoy Manchester as much as I did Lima!.
 
The first thing I noticed was how crazy the Peruvian roads are! wow! I don't think I could drive ever here! the cars don't respect the lanes and change lane all the time, beeping all the time! so when the roads are busy are very noisy.
 
I stayed in Miraflores, a very posh area in Lima, very well looked after and very safe. They have their own security around the area. Below are some photos or Miraflores, just by the sea:






 
 
But what is very interesting in Lima is the city centre, the old town, lovely Colonial buildings with beautiful churches too, I could spend hours talking about the history of Lima, but I don't want to bore you, if you want to know more, just drop me a message or you can wait until I get back and I can tell you more things in details, here are some photos of town, including ruins from the Inca times first, where they used to play games and sacrifice women, children and animals:
 














 



















Español abajo - English Top

Siento mucho por haber tardado tanto en publicar el post!, pero es que no he tenido mucho tiempo libre, pero lo prometido es deuda, aqui está el segundo post, mas vale tarde que nunca! jejeje
 
La primera parada de este viaje es Lima, la capital de Peru, en el area metropolitana de Lima viven 9 millones de habitantes y fue fundada por el conquistador español Francisco Pizarro en 1535, en aquel entonces se le bautizo como Ciudad de Reyes, pero los autoctonos la siguieron llamando como la conocian, Limaq.
 
Cuando llegué a Lima, mi amigo Carlos Andres me estaba esperando en el aeropuerto para llevarme al hostal donde me quedaba. Estuvo genial ver a Carlos despues de tantos años sin vernos!. Por cierto, Carlos se viene a Manchester a estudiar muy pronto, asi que ya le conocereis los que esteis por Manchester. Espero que le guste tanto Manchester como a mi me gusto Lima.
 
Lo primero que noté fue la locura del trafico! conducen como locos aqui, jejeje no me atrevería a conducer aqui nunca!, no respetan los carriles, conducen en zigzag! jejeje y tocando el pito todo el tiempo, asi que cuando hay atascos es super Ruidoso.
 
Mi hostal estaba en Miraflores, una zona muy pija de Lima, está muy bien  cuidada y es muy segura. Tiene su propia seguridad privada en la zona. Abajo teneis fotos de la zona, justo al ladito del mar:
 





 
 Pero lo mas interesante de Lima es el centro, lleno de edificios coloniales, Iglesias preciosas tambien... podria pasarme horas hablando de la historia de Lima, pero no quiero aburriros, asi que los que querais saber mas mandadme un mensaje y os cuento o en persona cuando nos veamos. Abajo teneis algunas fotos, incluidas las ruinas de un templo Inca donde se hacian sacrificios de mujeres, niños y animales:
 





























 

No comments:

Post a Comment